Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Here today, gone tomorrow


Well, it's been quite awhile since I last blogged. There isn't much to report on. I have a pretty boring life.

Here's a pretty rundown of what's been going on:

>> We went on our cruise in April and the weather was terrible! We were confined to the inside of the ship almost every day. The few times the sun was out, the decks were so full of people that we couldn't even find a spot to lay out (we were not early risers on this trip). The Bahamas was pretty disappointing too. My husband and I have both been before but it was years ago when we were in high school. Needless to say, we will not be going there again. I couldn't stand all the people pestering us while we were just trying to walk around. We enjoyed Cozumel much better last year for our honeymoon. 

>> Recently, my best friend/co-worker got a position in another department. I am so sad to see her go even though I can still manage to see her everyday. Since I was trained on most of her position already, I will be taking over her old duties. I'm a little bit excited because I will have a different office, new responsibilities, and I won't be on the "front line" anymore. I love helping students, but after almost 6 years, I'm happy for a change. 

>> I finally got my hands on the J.Crew Factory Emery flats that I have been dying to have for months now! I got them on sale for around $40! In my mind that is a steal because I normally couldn't find them for under $65! (To be honest, I didn't really dig too deep through the world wide web to find them cheaper, but I did at least do a few quick searches)

>> I have jumped on the Stitch Fix bandwagon! My first fix will arrive on August 20 and I am SO excited! I need to start investing in my wardrobe, rather than buying cheap clothes that don't last. Shoes and purses are two things that I've always been willing to invest money in...but I wear them out so quickly! I am the type of person who carries the same purse for months and months if I like it enough. By the time I get done with them, they look rough. Shoes, too! My shoes never last more than a few months. When I find a pair of black, pointed-toe flats I wear them almost every day. As a result, I have to get a new pair pretty frequently. So, with Stitch Fix, I hope to build my closet with nice, quality clothing.

Update: I'm not sure how in the world I forgot to mention that I'm starting graduate school on the 24th!! I am super excited but also very nervous at the same time. I finished my Bachelor's Degree over a year ago, so I feel a little rusty in the learning department!

Well, that's all for now! Hopefully, it won't take me almost 4 months to post again :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS